Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creating and using a template file in Autodesk Inventor

 

In this video viewers will learn how to create and use  customized  template file in Autodesk Inventor. We are showing it in Autodesk Inventor 2012 but it is relevant for newer releases also.
To use customized template it is necessary to save it in the default template location. Default template location can be found in following way….
In Autodesk Inventor, click    Manage   Projects. Then expand the Folder Options node in the Project list. The Templates item shows location of Autodesk Inventor template files. If the location is [Default], place the cursor over the Templates item to display the path.

This video was created to reply a common question asked over youtube several time.
  • Question:What are My Preference .ipt  and My Preference .iam which you use during your file creation?
  • Answer: My Preference .ipt and My Preference .iam are template files that are used in Autodesk Inventor Software. I created it for my convenience. Anyone can create it easily after watching the video displayed here. You should set the Autodesk Inventor software according to you choice and save the template file. It will save your time and labour.

1 comment:

  1. The was very helpful. Thank you very much for taking the time to produce this. Unfortunately,
    I am unable to see the template I created of a .dwg or .idw in the default directory. I have even created a new tab in the template directory and attempted to save the new drawing template there.
    When I open the dialog box to start a new file, the new tab is there but there is nothing in it. My email is rbrown@simairusa.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rich Brown

    ReplyDelete